Collections of movie collectible items , premiums and memorabilia from lucky draws, contests , movie gala premieres gifts , movie previews gifts and online prizes

My Movie Collectibles: Seven Swords - Postcards and Calendar

Seven Swords - Postcards and Calendar

Seven Swords 七劍Seven Swords 七劍 the movie is adapted from a novel by a novelist Liang Yusheng 梁羽生 who was a grandmaster in the modern wuxia ( kung Fu/swordfighting ) fiction genre. When he passed away at the age of 84 he had already wrote 35 wuxia novels in 160 volumes and many of his novels were adapted into serials. This 2005 movie adapted by Tsui Hark starring Donnie Yen and Leon Lai. starring Charlie Yeung, Sun Honglei , Lu Yi and Kim So-yeon is one of the classics.
I felt sad when I heard the news that the novelist had passed away in the year 2009 , but I can proudly say that I have read ALL his wuxia novels and to me he is a great master in the art of writing.

Seven Swords 七劍


I won these sets of postcards, notebook, a poster and a lightscribe dvd disc when I patronise the Eng Wah cinema for the movie. Although I was happy that I won, the prize collection experience was somewhat very frustrating. I remembered collecting the prizes from the Eng Wah office after I was notified of the winning. Upon reaching the venue, the receptionist gave me a cold look and ask me what do I want.  After telling her that I am here for the prize she gave me an impatient look and ask coldly : " Your IC ", ( which is identily card in our context)  Mind you, all these while she did not look at me and was still scribbling away on her notes.
With trembling hands I passed my IC to her ( not that I am afraid of course, my hands are trembling because I am refraining myself very hard from landing HER moron face on MY FIST !!!)  I do not wish to be on the first page of the newspaper the next day which reads  -
 " Reception face deformed by prize collector Dragon Fist".      
Anyway, the process was not a happy one and I was wondering how could Eng Wah allows the receptionist to have such an attitute like this. Needless to say, from that day onwards I spent my money at other cinema lines.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...